ULS Advantages for Laser Material Processing of Elastomers
Universal Laser Systems provides several unique benefits for elastomer laser cutting and engraving. These benefits include the following:
Better Cut Quality can be achieved due to better control of the beam motion and better laser pulse control coupled with gas assist and a flow-through cutting table.
High Detail Engraving can be achieved even with the standard 2.0 lens because the proprietary pulse control of lasers built by ULS. Very fine detail can be achieved with HPDFO™, and better photo quality can be achieved with 1-Touch Laser Photo™.
High Speed Engraving can be achieved with adequate power and SuperSpeed™. ULS lasers are made for high speed pulsing for the highest engraving quality even at high or full speed.
Easier to Use and Less Material Waste due to the Intelligent Materials Database that is proprietary to Universal Laser Systems. The Intelligent Materials Database has engraving settings for most elastomers and automatically calculates settings for cutting based on the elastomer type and thickness.
More Material Flexibility/Adaptability due to Rapid Reconfiguration™ technology allowing the ideal laser to be used for every elastomer laser cutting and engraving application. Rapid Reconfiguration also allows the laser wavelength and power to be changed easily to accommodate different materials. The Intelligent Materials Database calculates specific settings for different elastomer types. Advanced 3D control is built in to every ULS laser cutting, engraving and marking machine. Larger materials can be accommodated using the Class 4 Conversion Module.
The ULS advantages that deliver these benefits include the following:
- Rapid Reconfiguration™ - Allows the user to quickly install the proper laser power for each cutting and engraving process.
- SuperSpeed™ - Patented option that more than doubles the speed for laser engraving for certain applications.
- Intelligent Materials Database - Proprietary software that is provided with every Universal Laser System and provides laser process settings for hundreds of materials, including most elastomers. The Intelligent Materials Database not only calculates the precise laser process settings for the type of elastomer being processed, it also automatically adjusts for the thickness of the elastomer.
- High Power Density Focusing Optics (HPDFO™) - Patented optics that provide the smallest laser spot sized available for detailed laser engraving.
- Gas Assist - Provides optics protection and helps the keep the elastomer surface remain clean during laser processing.
- Flow-through Cutting Table - Pulls air through the cut, keeping the edges clean and free of debris.
- Class 4 Module - Converts the laser system to true class 4 operation for safe handling of materials that do not fit completely inside the platform.
- Universal Air Filtration Unit - Removes particles and gaseous effluent from exhaust air to ensure a healthy and safe environment.
- 1 Touch Laser Photo™ - This proprietary software transforms any digital photograph into a file that can be used to laser engrave an elastomer with a photographic image.
- 3D Mode - Regulates the intensity of laser pulses to the gray scale of the graphic to enable deep 3D engraving. This capability is part of the Universal Control Panel and Laser System Manager software.
- Lasers - Our lasers employ a unique pulse control mechanism that provides the most consistent laser engraving and marking possible.
Read more in Laser Material Processing