ULS Advantages for Laser Material Processing of Foams
Universal Laser Systems provides several unique benefits for foam laser engraving, cutting, and marking. These benefits include the following:
Better Cut Quality can be achieved due to better control of the beam motion and better laser pulse control coupled with gas assist and either a flow-through cutting table or a pin table.
High Speed Engraving and Marking can be achieved with adequate power and SuperSpeedTM. ULS lasers are made for high speed pulsing for the highest engraving quality even at high or full speed.
Easier to Use and Less Material Waste due to the Intelligent Materials Database that is proprietary to Universal Laser Systems. The Intelligent Materials Database has engraving and marking settings for most types of foam and automatically calculates settings for cutting based on the foam type and thickness.
More Material Flexibility/Adaptability due to Rapid Reconfiguration™ technology allowing the ideal laser to be used for every foam laser engraving, cutting and marking application. Rapid Reconfiguration also allows the laser wavelength and power to be changed easily to accommodate different materials. The Intelligent Materials Database calculates specific settings for different foam types. Advanced 3D control is built in to every ULS laser cutting, engraving, and marking machine. Larger materials can be accommodated using the Class 4 Conversion Module.
The ULS advantages that deliver these benefits include the following:
- Lasers - Our lasers employ a unique pulse control mechanism that provides the most consistent laser engraving and marking possible.
- Rapid Reconfiguration - Allows the user to quickly install the proper laser power for each laser cutting, engraving, and marking process.
- SuperSpeed - Patented option that more than doubles the speed for laser engraving for certain applications.
- Intelligent Materials Database - Proprietary software that is provided with every Universal Laser System and provides laser process settings for hundreds of materials, including most varieties of foam. The Intelligent Materials Database not only calculates the precise laser process settings for the type of foam being processed, it also automatically adjusts for the thickness of the foam.
- Gas Assist - Provides optics protection and helps keep the foam surface remain clean during laser processing.
- Flow-through Cutting Table - Pulls air through the cut, keeping the edges clean and free of debris.
- Pin Cutting Table - Suspends material on pins to eliminate back reflections from cutting table.
- Class 4 Module - Converts the laser system to true class 4 operation for safe handling of materials that do not fit completely inside the platform.
- Universal Air Filtration Unit - Removes particles and gaseous effluent from exhaust air to ensure a healthy and safe environment.
Read more in Laser Material Processing