ULS Advantages for Laser Material Processing of Paper Based Materials
Universal Laser Systems provides several unique benefits for paper based material laser engraving, cutting, and marking. These benefits include the following:
Better Cut Quality can be achieved due to better control of the beam motion and better laser pulse control coupled with gas assist and either a flow-through cutting table or a pin table.
Higher Detail Engraving and Marking can be achieved even with the standard 2.0 lens because the proprietary pulse control of lasers built by ULS. Very fine detail can be achieved with HPDFO™, and better photo quality can be achieved with 1-Touch Laser Photo™.
Higher Speed Engraving and Marking can be achieved with adequate power and SuperSpeed™. ULS lasers are made for high speed pulsing for the highest engraving quality even at high or full speed.
Easier to Use and Less Material Waste due to the Intelligent Materials Database that is proprietary to Universal Laser Systems. The Intelligent Materials Database has engraving and marking settings for most types of paper based materials and automatically calculates settings for cutting based on the paper type and thickness.
More Material Flexibility/Adaptability due to Rapid Reconfiguration™ technology allowing the ideal laser to be used for every paper based material laser engraving, cutting, and marking application. Rapid Reconfiguration also allows the laser wavelength and power to be changed easily to accommodate different materials. The Intelligent Materials Database calculates specific settings for different paper types. Advanced 3D control is built in to every ULS laser cutting, engraving, and marking machine. Larger materials can be accommodated using the Class 4 Conversion Module. Camera Registration allows cut paths to be accurately aligned to existing features on the material.
The ULS advantages that deliver these benefits include the following:
- Lasers - Lasers manufactured by ULS employ a unique pulse control mechanism that provides the most consistent laser engraving and marking possible.
- Rapid Reconfiguration™ - Allows the user to quickly install the proper laser power for each laser cutting, engraving, and marking process.
- SuperSpeed™ - Patented option that more than doubles the speed for laser engraving for certain applications.
- Intelligent Materials Database - Proprietary software that is provided with every Universal Laser System and provides laser process settings for hundreds of materials, including most varieties of paper. The Intelligent Materials Database not only calculates the precise laser process settings for the type of paper based material being processed, it also automatically adjusts for the thickness of the material.
- High Power Density Focusing Optics (HPDFO™) - Patented optics that provide the smallest laser spot sized available for detailed laser engraving and marking.
- Gas Assist - Provides optics protection and helps the keep the paper based material surface remain clean during laser processing.
- Flow-through Cutting Table - Pulls air through the cut, keeping the edges clean and free of debris.
- Pin Cutting Table - Suspends material on pins to eliminate back reflections from cutting table.
- Class 4 Module - Converts the laser system to true class 4 operation for safe handling of materials that do not fit completely inside the platform.
- Universal Air Filtration Unit - Removes particles and gaseous effluent from exhaust air to ensure a healthy and safe environment.
- 1 Touch Laser Photo™ - This proprietary software transforms any digital photograph into a file that can be used to laser engrave or mark paper based material with a photographic image.
- Universal Camera Registration - Allows cut paths to be accurately aligned with existing features on the material.
- 3D Mode - Regulates the intensity of laser pulses to the gray scale of the graphic to enable deep 3D engraving. This capability is part of the Universal Control Panel and Laser System Manager software.
- Rotary Fixture - Enables laser processing of cylindrical plastic shapes. The ULS rotary holds the material at both ends so that shapes that are not perfect cylinders can also be processed.
Read more in Laser Material Processing